Taking care of your teeth is really important. If you don’t, you might get tooth problems like cavities. But here’s the good news: There are easy things you can do at home to help, and you don’t need to go to the dentist. Here we’ll share 6 simple home remedies by using natural ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen. These natural remedies are like little secrets that can really help your teeth stay strong and free from tooth decay and cavities.
Remember when we were told not to eat too many sweets and to always brush our teeth before bed? Our parents wanted to make sure we didn’t get cavities or tooth decay. These are common problems with our teeth. Cavities usually happen to kids and older people, but they can happen to anyone.
Tooth Decay and Cavities Natural Home Remedies (Urdu)
What is Cavity?
A cavity is like a tiny hole in your tooth that can cause tooth decay. It’s made by bacteria on your teeth that turn sugar into acid. This bacteria makes a sticky layer called plaque. The plaque releases acid that takes away minerals from your teeth. This makes tiny holes in them. When the acid goes under the surface, it causes a cavity.
To prevent cavities and maintain oral health remember to brush your teeth twice daily once in the morning and once before bedtime. Additionally, it’s important to rinse your mouth after meals
1. Baking Soda and Salt:
You know baking soda and salt from your kitchen, right? Well, they can actually help your teeth a lot! They’re like little scrubbers that can clean your teeth.
How to use this remedy:
Mix them with a bit of water to make a paste. Gently brush your teeth with this paste for two minutes, then rinse really well. But don’t do this too much, or it might hurt your teeth. Twice a week is good.
2. Swish with Oil
Here’s a cool home remedy from a long time ago. It’s called oil pulling and it’s awesome for your teeth.
How to use: Just take a spoonful of any natural oil, like coconut or sesame oil. Swish it around in your mouth for 15-20 minutes. It might feel a bit weird, but it’s doing good things for your teeth. After, spit out the oil (don’t swallow!) and rinse your mouth with warm water. Do this in the morning for a healthy mouth.
3. Tea Tree Oil, Nature’s Fighter
Tea tree oil is like a superhero for your mouth. It fights off bad germs that can hurt your teeth.
How to use it: You can use it with your regular toothpaste or mix it with something like coconut oil. Put it on your toothbrush and gently brush for two minutes. Then, rinse really well. Do this once or twice a week to keep your mouth healthy.
Garlic is like a superhero for your mouth. It fights off bad germs and helps with tooth troubles.
Here’s how you can use it:
- Make a paste from 3 to 4 crushed garlic cloves and a little rock salt.
- Put this paste on the tooth that’s giving you problems.
- Leave it there for 10 minutes, then rinse with mouthwash.
- Do this twice a day for a few weeks to help with cavities.
- You can also use garlic oil on the sore tooth for quick relief.
Clove is another powerful helper for your teeth. It can calm down pain and stop cavities from getting worse. Clove is like a natural painkiller and can also fight off bad germs.
How to Use:
- Take one clove and put the clove against the tooth that hurts.
- Bite down on the clove, but not too hard. This releases a special oil.
- Keep the clove there for about 15-20 minutes.
- Spit out the clove and rinse your mouth with warm water.
- If you have clove oil, dip a cotton ball in it and put it where it hurts.
- You can do this once or twice a day to help with tooth pain.
Turmeric is a bright yellow spice that can do wonders for your teeth. It’s got special things that help your gums and fight off tooth problems.
Here are two ways to use it:
- Put a little turmeric on the troubled teeth for a few minutes, then rinse.
- Mix turmeric with mustard oil and gently rub it on your teeth and gums for 10 minutes.
These natural remedies can be a big help for your teeth. But remember, they’re not a replacement for seeing your dentist. Keep up with your regular check-ups and take care of your teeth every day. That way, you’ll have a bright and healthy smile!