Getting a Driving License of Bike, Car, HTV, LTV in Punjab Pakistan was nothing short of a detailed exercise that ridiculed an applicant every step of the way. Driving License Information Management System Punjab (DLIMS) Phase-II automates the processes for driving license issuance, renewal and upgrades. These activities are carried out throughout the province of Punjab.
This system provides quick processing service to public and up to date statistics to the authorities by using state of the art technology and equipment. The system redefines the issuance process of all types of licenses by using a centralized network.
Required Documents for Learner License
- A copy of C.N.I.C
- A Ticket of Rs.60 from any Post Office.
- Get a Code Book of Traffic Rules & Regulation from Traffic Police Office.
- Medical Certificate (for the candidates of 50 years or more)
- Age Limits for Learner Permit
- Motor Cycle/ Motor Car: 18 Years
- LTV (Rikshaw, Taxi, Tractor Commercial): 18 Years
- HTV: 22 Years
- Note: Learner permits are issued on Daily Bases which Validity is of 6 months.
Regular Driving License application follows 3 months after acquiring the learner’s permit. The applicants require a simple set of documents to apply for this license. They require CNIC, passport sized pictures, medical certificate, learner’s permit and an application form.
An additional Medical Fitness certificate is also required for people above the age of 50 years. A ticket is also required and the charges vary upon the kind of vehicle.
Required Documents for Permanent/Regular License
- Application Form (A) within File Cover
- Original Learner Permit of at least 6 weeks.
- Medical Certificate
- 3 Passport size fresh Photo Graphs (Attested)
- An Attested Copy of C.N.I.C.
- Paste a Ticket of Mentioned Fee on License Document.
Required Documents for International License
- Required International Application Form within File Cover
- An attested copy of C.N.I.C.
- A copy of Valid Driving License issued from Lahore.
- A copy of Pakistani Passport valid for at least 6 Months with Visa.
- 2 attested photo graph (Passport Size)
- Rs. 66 Court Fee Ticket.
- Rs. 450 BankChallan Fee.
- Note: Applicant will bring his original C.N.I.C, Driving License and Passport with him.
Required Documents for Duplicate License
- Required Duplicate Application Form within File Cover
- An attested copy of C.N.I.C.
- 2 Attested fresh Photographs (Passport size).
- Report from Computer section for Computerized License or A certificate issued by relevant
- Post Office which expresses the expiry date of license.
- FIR (Lost License report) of the Police Station.
- Tickets will be pasted according to the schedule.
- Duplicate Fee! According to the Category
- Motor Cycle 100 Rs.
- Car, LTV 150 Rs.
- HTV 200 Rs.
Required Documents for Renewal of License
- Required Application Form E within FileCover
- 2 Photo Graph Passport Size
- A copy of NIC
- Original Driving License
- Medical Report
- A Ticket of relevant License
- Renewal Fee! According to the Category
- Motor Cycle, Rickshaw 500 Rs.
- Car, LTV (PSV), Tractor Commercial 750 Rs.
- HTV (PSV) 1000 Rs.
- Note: License is renewed for five years
The initiatives taken by Traffic Police Punjab and Sindh are worth appreciation. They took a system with a lot of flaws and systematized it for the benefit of the society.